MediaConnect launches PRWire on Twitter
MediaConnect has announced the first Australian twitter press release wire, allowing Australian tech journalists and readers to consume press releases via their Twitter stream.
The new Twitter stream is an extension of MediaConnect's PRWire service and can be followed at @prwiretech. MediaConnect's PRWire is currently in beta and open only to subscribers of MediaConnect's PR portal but will next month be opened up as a free service to all PR agencies and businesses who wish to use it to help distribute their press releases. MediaConnect will add additional Twitter streams under the PRWire banner in the coming months.
"I think Twitter is a great way to keep on top of the latest announcements," said MediaConnect CEO Phil Sim. "Instead of clogging up your inbox, regular Twitter users can receive press release headlines flowing through their Twitter stream and then click through to the PRWire website to view those that are of interest."
MediaConnect's PRWire is focused on enabling journalists and other interested readers to receive press release updates in the manner that best suits their individual workflows. For example, MediaConnect's PRWire can be received via:
1. Web - Users can visit www.prwire.com.au and see which press releases are "hot" based on a Digg-style interface that ranks releases on how often they are viewed;
2. Email - Users can subscribe to a daily digest of press release headlines based on their precise interests;
3. RSS feeds - Users can receive a customised PRWire feed in their RSS readers or any RSS-enabled widget or gadget;
4. Twitter - Users can subscribe to PRWire's new Twitter streams;
5. ITJourno portal - All PRWire press releases flow through the Update and Media Release portlets on MediaConnect's journalist portal;
6. Search Engines - PRWire is indexed by Google News ensuring announcements can be tracked down by users hunting for relevant keywords.
"The way people consume information is fragmenting. Some people like email, some people like RSS readers, some people live on Twitter. We have a mission to make PRWire accessible by whatever medium the user prefers," said Sim.
PR agencies and users wishing to be alerted when PRWire opens up beyond the MediaConnect subscriber base, can email email@example.com to receive an invitation. The basic service will be free.
CEO, MediaConnect Australia
(02) 9894 6277
About MediaConnect Australia
MediaConnect Australia is the most innovative provider of media intelligence services and tools to the Australian and New Zealand PR and media communities. The MediaConnect portals represent the world's only social network connecting journalists and PR professionals, integrated with an end-to-end suite of integrated tools. MediaConnect also hosts its famous MediaConnect Forums and media training seminars.