EMC, World's Leader in Networked Storage, Launches the New, Feature-Packed and Affordable Iomega Rackmount NAS
SYDNEY, Aust., April 22, 2009 – Iomega, an EMC company and a global leader in data protection, today announced the latest addition to its growing network solutions portfolio with the worldwide launch of the affordable, easy-to-use Iomega StorCenter™ Pro ix4-200r NAS Rackmount Server. Powered by the robust EMC LifeLine™ operating system, the StorCenter Pro ix4-200r delivers economical file sharing, fast data throughput, cross-platform support and world class enterprise level features for today’s small to medium businesses and remote work groups.
The new StorCenter Pro ix4-200r provides up to 4TB* of networked storage to business users searching for the easiest and most technologically advanced way to share, secure and protect their most important data, including productivity application data, media files, backup data, and other digital files. This four-drive NAS rackmount server offers such advanced features as iSCSI block-level access, multiple RAID configurations, folder quotas support, jumbo frames, Windows Active Directory support, remote access and management, IP security camera support and a first for its rackmount storage capacity and price category: VMware Ready certification for vitualisation installations – with a starting price from $3,889.00inc
“The feature set and EMC software innovation in the new StorCenter Pro ix4-200r makes this rackmount NAS a powerful and affordable networking solution for today’s dynamic small and mid-sized businesses,” said Jonathan Huberman, President of Iomega and the Consumer and Small Business Products Division of EMC. “Rock solid reliability and ease-of-use are hallmarks of the new ix4-200r NAS. Iomega is the only entry level NAS provider that incorporates EMC’s world class storage technologies into products like the new ix4-200r, which not only separates Iomega from the competition but sets apart the ix4-200r from similar rackmount units.”
Important Features of the new StorCenter Pro ix4-200r NAS Rackmount Server
The new ix4-200r NAS offers an array of business-focused features that make it an advanced, innovative and easy-to-use network storage rackmount unit. The features include:
- State of the Art Hardware: The ix4-200r contains 4 disk drive bays, a 3.2 GHz Intel Celeron processor, 1GB system memory and one Gigabit Ethernet connection in a 1U (1.75 inch) high chassis that is mountable in NEMA-standard 19-inch racks. The ix4-200r ships with disk drives fully populated, for a total capacity of 2TB or 4TB.
- iSCSI Support: Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilisation, especially for database, email and backup application performance. This feature also allows host-based operating systems and virtualisation software to use the full capabilities of their native file systems, such as enabling VMFS for VMware utilisation.
- VMware Ready Certification: The ix4-200r is certified as both NAS (NFS) and iSCSI storage VMware ESX server 3. The ix4-200r is the only product in its class to carry VMware Ready Certification, and enables SMBs to affordably take advantage of the tremendous benefits and advanced features offered by shared storage in a VMware environment.
- Remote Access: Set up remote access and remotely manage and access data from your ix4-200r.
- RAID Support: The ix4-200r is pre-configured for RAID 5 but also offers the alternatives of RAID 10 (both with automatic rebuild), as well as single volume storage (JBOD).
- Multiple Network Protocols: The ix4-200r works in Windows, Linux and MAC environments with network protocol support including CIFS/SMB/Rally, NFS, and AFP/Bonjour. The ix4-200r also supports advanced protocols such as HTTP, FTP and SNMP.
- Windows Active Directory Support (ADS): The ix4-200r functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain.
- UPS Support: Uninterruptible power supply enables unattended system shutdown without data loss in the case of power failure.
- Expandability and versatility: Add storage capability by connecting external USB hard drives via three USB 2.0 ports. On expansion storage, the ix4 supports read and write on various formats, including Fat32, NTFS or ext2/ext3 formatted hard disks (read only on external HFS+ formatted drives).
- Video Surveillance: Supports up to four Axis Network video cameras, for real-time monitoring and video capture directly to the ix4-200r, dependent upon system workload and network conditions.
- Print Server: Supports intelligent print sharing capability for up to three USB printers directly connected to the ix4-200r.
- Advanced Media Support: Includes UPnP™ support through an integrated DLNA™ certified media server. The ix4-200r includes an iTunes server and also supports Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) via one of three USB 2.0 ports, as well as Bluetooth uploads from a cell phone, pocket PC or Blackberry phone.
Ease of Implementation and Use – Ideal for SMBs and Remote Offices
With just four mouse clicks, the ix4-200r is ready to work with any computer on the network. Management of the ix4-200r is handled by a user friendly web interface, accessible in any of 11 supported languages. Users can access files from any networked Windows PC, Linux workstation or Macintosh computer for easy file-sharing, data backup and print-serving.
The four drives in the ix4-200r are hot-swap SATA II hard drives that minimise downtime and allow for easy replacement. And with Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and a high-performance embedded architecture, the ix4-200r boosts small business productivity by making data readily accessible and secure over a local network.
Backup and Security Software for a Complete Solution
The StorCenter Pro ix4-200r NAS provides data backup and protection for any number of desktops and laptops with integrated EMC Retrospect Express backup software. During the set-up process, users choose files and folders for scheduled automatic backups. After that, any changes or additions are updated and saved automatically.
For additional protection, the ix4-200r includes MozyHome™ online backup service, a secure way to store, protect and access important files. MozyHome online backup service provides 2GB of free online storage per user for backing up selected folders directly from their computers to world-class EMC data centres.
The StorCenter Pro ix4-200r also includes RSA BSAFE encryption security technology for protecting installs and upgrades from viruses or malware. RSA is the security division of EMC that protects digital data at many of the world’s largest banks.
The StorCenter Pro ix4-200r NAS Rackmount Server is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux environments. The interface is localized in 11 languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, German, and Russian).
Pricing, Availability and Warranty
The 2TB and 4TB Iomega StorCenter™ Pro ix4-200r NAS Rackmount Server are now available in Australia from $3,889. Both models include a three-year warranty (with registration).
EMC Corporation is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organisations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
Iomega Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMC
Corporation headquartered in San Diego,
is a worldwide leader in innovative storage and network security solutions for
small businesses, home offices, consumers and others. The Company has sold more
than 400 million digital storage drives and disks since its inception in 1980.
Today, Iomega’s product portfolio includes industry leading network
attached storage products, external hard drives, multimedia drives, and our
award-winning removable storage technology, the REV Backup Drive. To
learn about all of Iomega’s digital storage products and managed services
solutions, please go to the Web at www.iomega.com.au
Resellers can visit Iomega at http://www.ioclub.net/.