MicroStrategy Announces Beta Release of iPhone Apps Development Platform
MicroStrategyIncorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that it will offer a mobile application platform for developing and deploying iPhone Apps.
MicroStrategy Mobile for iPhone offers a new way to develop and deploy iPhone Apps that is faster, easier, and more maintainable than using traditional Integrated Development Environments.MicroStrategy Mobile for iPhone offers the following benefits:
Reduces the time to develop new iPhone Apps−MicroStrategy’s mobile app platform includes the infrastructure needed to support each newiPhone App, so application developers only need to focuson creating the user experience and not on the back-end infrastructure.
- Easy for non-developers to create professional iPhoneApps−MicroStrategy’s iPhone applications do not require any coding.Using MicroStrategy's mobile app platform, iPhone Apps are assembled in a point-and-click fashion. App creators can choose from an array of finely-designed, iPhone-optimized displays and controls.
- Easy for companies to rapidly deploy iPhone App updates−MicroStrategy’s mobile app platform uses an on-demand form of application deployment called “in-stream” deployment.As soon as new or updated applications are ready, they are instantly available to iPhone users directly from MicroStrategy’s mobile app platform.
“Utilizing platforms that can easily assemble applications on mobile computing environments like Apple iPhone is the wave of the future,” said Mark Smith, CEO and EVP Research, Ventana Research. “MicroStrategy’s release of its new platform and capabilities will not only help to deliver world-class BI to Apple iPhone, but also make the assembly and publishing of a broader set of information-class applications much simpler to accomplish.”
Mobile BI applications represent a new breed of business applications that are simple-to-use, highly focused, and available whenever and wherever business is conducted.Business people no longer need to delay decision-making due to a lack of information or delay executing a transaction simply because they are away from their desks. Mobile applications delivered through smartphones such as the iPhone have the potential to revolutionize business processes across every industry.
For example, mobile BI applications can:
- Provide executives with real-time performance information 24 hours a day
- Enable claims adjusters to complete claims immediately on site
- Empower sales associates to offer discounts and cross-sell recommendations at the moment of the sale
- Provide regional managers the ability to manage their stores, restaurants, bank branches, and other retail outlets
- Deliver management information and guidance to franchise owners
- Give plant managers up-to-the-minute data on plant operations
- Allow inventory managers to reorder stock while managing the warehouse floor
- Provide health care professionals with immediate access to patient test results
"MicroStrategy's new mobile app platform will allow us to develop the vast majority of our iPhone Apps without coding," said Terry Adams, Senior Director at Herbalife. "MicroStrategy's platform approach to mobile application development will allow us to develop a series of business apps for the iPhone quickly and with less effort than building them from scratch using the Apple SDK."
“MicroStrategy’s many years of experience in providing scalable, enterprise-class platform technology enables us to deliver a mobile application platform that is both industrial-strength and highly flexible,” said Sanju Bansal, MicroStrategy COO. “Our new mobile app platform gives companies the flexibility to create a broad array of intuitive business applications that seamlessly access back-end databases and systems, and delivers the same high performance and ease of management and administration that is expected from MicroStrategy.”
MicroStrategy is currently accepting applications for inclusion in its MicroStrategy Mobile for iPhone beta program. To find out more, visithttp://www.microstrategy.com/mobile/platform.
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a global leader in business intelligence (BI) technology. MicroStrategy provides integrated reporting, analysis, and monitoring software that helps leading organizations worldwide make better business decisions every day. Companies choose MicroStrategy for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy offers free reporting software that can be downloaded from its website,http://www.microstrategy.com/freereportingsoftware. More information about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is available atwww.microstrategy.com.
MicroStrategy and MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
This press release may include statements that may constitute “forward-looking statements,” including statements relating to the development of new products,services or new product features, including the product features that we are seeking to develop as partof our high performance initiative, and statements containing the words “believe,” “estimate,” “project,” “expect” or similar expressions. Forward-looking statements inherently involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results of MicroStrategy Incorporated and its subsidiaries (collectively, the “Company”) to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Factors that could contribute to such differences includedelays in our ability todevelop and ship products and provide services containing the product features described in thispress release andcustomer acceptance ofany new or modified products and services that we may develop as a result of our high performance initiative. By making these forward-looking statements, the Company undertakes no obligation to update these statements for revisions or changes after the date of this release.