Polycom Expands Its Ecosystem to Nearly 7,000 Partners to Deliver the Most Complete Solutions for Open, Standards-Based Unified Communications through the Polycom Partner Network
Polycom Partner Network partners embrace and extend Polycom’s open, standards-based video collaboration solutions and together deliver the most complete video collaboration solutions available to more than 400,000 Polycom customers. Through the PolycomPartner Network, technology providers, ISVs, solution advisors, integrators, service providers, and other valued partners can easily address the multi-faceted needs of today’s organisations that are using face-to-face video collaboration to improve productivity, engagement, time-to-market, business continuity, as well as for unique applications across various vertical industries. Meeting thischallenge requires not only Polycom’s close collaboration with partners, but often extends throughout the lifecycles of multi-vendor solutions, from building in open standards-based interoperability during design to implementing customised solutions to support specific industry use cases such as telemedicine or distance learning. With this evolution of its partner ecosystem, Polycom is expanding its leadership in open standards-based unified communications to make it easier to deliver multi-vendor UC solutions that meet the unique needs of every customer.
“The sophisticated nature of today’s enterprise communications infrastructure, combined with the need to deliver communications solutions to employees or users who may be on-the-go, at home, or in the office in any number of work environments, requires Polycom and our partners to collaborate closely to deliver true unified communications solutions,” said Tracey Newell, Executive Vice President of Global Sales at Polycom. “The new Polycom Partner Network broadens our global partner ecosystem so that partners can focus on what they do best, and easily find and collaborate with the right partners in our ecosystem to deliver complete and customised unified communications and video collaboration solutions for every customer, worldwide. Our vision at Polycom is to make video collaboration ubiquitous, and we believe the Polycom Partner Network is critical to making this vision a reality.”
Seven New Partner Categories in the Polycom Partner Network
In evolving and combining its existing partner initiatives under a single, cohesive effort, the Polycom Partner Network establishes seven partner segments to better align to partners’ and customers’ specific needs:
- Polycom Strategic Alliances – Global industry leaders committed to open, standards-based solutions leveraging Polycom RealPresence™ solutions to deliver integrated universal video collaboration with committed go-to-market and joint business plans.
- Polycom Technology Partners – Independent hardware, software, or vertical market companies committed to teaming with Polycom on product development or go-to-market relationships. These solutions improve the customer experience and create unique value for Polycom solutions.
- Polycom Developers – Programmatic relationships with ISVs who offer complementary solutions that use industry standards or APIs/SDKs to integrate with the Polycom RealPresence Platform – the most comprehensive software infrastructure for universal video collaboration.
- Polycom Distributors – Partners who provide value-added services to solution advisors in sales, order management, marketing, fulfillment and technical support. They offer warehousing, transport, financing, training and other benefits to Polycom resellers.
- Polycom Solution Advisors – VARs and resellers that serve customers from project concept to installation through on-going support and management. They evaluate customer needs, specifying the mix of Polycom solutions to meet project requirements and objectives.
- Polycom System Integrators – “General contractors” who help design, plan, integrate and deploy open UC solutions that meet the business needs of customers. Polycom SystemIntegrators provide value-added total solutions with products and services from several third-party suppliers, including Polycom.
- Polycom Service Providers – Partners who own a physical network and/or lease transport to support their primary business of selling carrier network services and driving additional use through managed, hosted solutions, or Video-as-a-Service (VaaS) solutions.
Companies within these seven categories encompass members of Polycom’s previous partner programs, including the Polycom Open Communications Network (POCN), ARENA and the award-winning Choice Partner Program.
New branding tools and partner portal
Increasingly, Polycom partners are integrating or embedding Polycom RealPresence software (e.g., the Edison award-winning Polycom RealPresence™ Mobile) in their devices, products or software applications. To help partners market this to their customers or end-users, Polycom unveiled new “Polycom Ready” and “Polycom Powered” branding. A number of companies are already “Polycom Ready” and “Polycom Powered” partners, including HP, HTC, Lenovo, Motorola, Samsung and many others.
Polycom Ready” identifies partner devices, network devices and software applications that are interoperable with Polycom software solutions and applications on the Polycom RealPresence Platform.
The “Polycom Powered” logo designates partner solutions that integrate or embed Polycom applications or technologies.
Polycom also launched a completely retooled portal – PolycomConnect for Partners – designed to make it easier for partners to rapidly locate resources, engage support and assemble winning solutions by identifying other best-of-breed providers across Polycom’s ecosystem. For more information on the Polycom Partner Network, to find a partner, or join the Polycom Partner Network, visit http://www.polycom.asia/partners/index.html
Polycom is the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC) solutions for telepresence, videoand voice powered by the Polycom RealPresencePlatform. The RealPresence Platform interoperates with the broadest range of business, mobile, and social applications and devices. More than 400,000organisations trust Polycom solutions to collaborate and meet face-to-face from any location for more productive and effective engagement with colleagues, partners, customers, specialists and prospects. Polycom, together with its broad partner ecosystem, provides customers with the best total cost of ownership, interoperability, scalability, and security for video collaboration, whether on-premises, hosted, or cloud-delivered. Visit www.polycom.asia or connect with Polycom on Twitter, Facebookand LinkedIn.
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events, including statements regarding Polycom expanding its leadership in unified communications and the Polycom Partner Network being critical to Polycom’s vision of making video collaboration ubiquitous. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with general economic conditions and external market factors and the market acceptance of our products and changing market demands, including demands for differing technologies or product and services offerings. Many of these risks and uncertainties are discussed in the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2012, and in other reports filed by Polycomwith the SEC. Polycom disclaims any intent or obligations to update these forward-looking statements.
2012 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM, the Polycom logo, and the names and marks associated with Polycom’s products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.