Oracle Announces Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software 2.0
- Oracle today announced Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software 2.0.
- Customers in 43 countries across 22 industries have already adopted Oracle Exalogic. Exalogic is the fastest growing Oracle engineered system with 3x Y/Y sales bookings based on the last two quarters of FY 2012. To date, 40% of Oracle Exalogic’s growth comes from customers who have chosen Exalogic over competing solutions from IBM, including mainframes.
- The Oracle Exalogic engineered system outperforms competing platforms by a wide margin:
- Eliminates application and middleware deployment risk with one-click automated deployment of complex, multi-tier business applications.
- Up to 10x performance gains for Oracle Applications, Java-based applications and other business applications
- Up to 6x faster application provisioning to help customers quickly respond to changing market needs.
- Built on open, industry standard technologies, Oracle Exalogic:
- Supports virtualisation of mission-critical business applications with near native performance vs. physical servers through Oracle VM integration.
- Provides a high-speed communication (I/O) fabric, Oracle Exabus, which is the foundation of Oracle Exalogic’s extreme performance, reliability and scalability and ties all Oracle Exalogic system components together.
- Delivers true elasticity at the application level through integrated application-to-disk management with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- Supports consolidation of multiple applications on the same system as a private cloud, while eliminating security risks through complete application isolation.
- Integrates Oracle Traffic Director, a built-in Application Delivery Controller, to securely manage and route large volumes of application traffic with high performance.
- Oracle Exalogic provides customers and partners with an engineered system that accelerates the performance and can protect and maximise return on their existing and future Oracle software investments.
- Exalogic is the logical choice for running Oracle Applications, including the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle’s Siebel CRM, Oracle’s PeopleSoft, Oracle’s JD Edwards and Oracle’s industry specific business applications. These applications have been optimised, tested, benchmarked and certified on Oracle Exalogic for extreme performance.
- Oracle Exalogic is optimised to run the standards-based Oracle Fusion Middleware product portfolio, including the market-leading Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Coherence,Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Tuxedo products. Oracle Tuxedo ART 12c is optimised on Oracle Exalogic to help customers reduce IT costs with rapid rehosting of IBM CICS, IMS, and batch applications.
- Oracle Exalogic natively leverages Oracle Exadata Database Machine and integrates with Oracle Databaseand Oracle Real Application Clusters.
- The new Oracle Platinum Services program is a special support entitlement, including an industry-leading 5-minute fault notification service level agreement, available at no additional cost to Oracle Premier Support customers that are running certified configurations on Oracle engineered systems.
Oracle Exastack Program
- 340 ISVs are certified on Oracle Exalogic through the Oracle Exastack Program, which enables ISVs and other qualifying members of Oracle Partner Network (OPN) to optimise their applications to run even faster and more reliably on Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- ISVs are seeing dramatic out-of-the-box performance improvement for virtually every standard Oracle Linux or Oracle Solaris application.
- “Since the general availability of Oracle Exalogic in January 2011, customers are experiencingtremendous improvements in application performance and vast reductions in the complexity of their application infrastructures, while improving their time-to-market of revenue generating services,” said Hasan Rizvi, senior vice president, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Java Products, Oracle. “Built on open, industry standards, Oracle Exalogic can support consolidation of hundreds of Java and non-Java applications and delivers lower total cost of ownership by supporting more transactions on less hardware and software with ease of management.”
- “As the largest retailer of sporting goods in Latin America, we are achieving very aggressive growth - over 100% per year. Running our Oracle ATG Commerce application on our previous JBoss infrastructure we had 30-40 different machines with 120 instances. We were able to migrate to Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud in less than 3 weeks, without any downtime and have already seen impressive results,” said Mrcio Kumruian, CEO, Netshoes. “With Oracle Exalogic, we have consolidated to 1 server with only 16 instances, providing both cost savings and increased business efficiency. Our Oracle ATG Commerce application performs 6x greater than before and is fully synchronised with Oracle WebLogic Server. The Netshoes brand means quality and value for our customers and we want their online experience to be excellent. With Oracle Exalogic all the pieces work together, so we can focus on customer service and expanding our business.”
- “Business critical applications require performance, elastic scalability and high availability, at an affordable cost,” said Massimo Pezzini, vice president and research fellow at Gartner, “To maximise flexibility and minimise costs, user organisations are increasingly looking for a range of cloud-based options including open standard-based integrated system platforms providing virtualisation, multi-tenancy, advanced automation and facilitated operations as well as compatibility with public cloud environments.”
- Webcast Series: Rethink Your Business Application Deployment Strategy
- Webcast: Oracle Solutions Maximise the Value of the Smart Grid Data Explosion
- Webcast: Optimise Your Retail Operations with Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle’sCloud Application Foundation
- Oracle VM
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Blog, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software 2.0 Screenshots on Flicker
- What Oracle Partners are Saying about the Oracle Exastack Program
- Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
- Oracle Exastack Program
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data centre. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.