AVG Unveils 2013 Range of Consumer Online Security Products
Key Features of AVG 2013 products at a glance:
· A brand new user interface that provides easy access to the most regularly used settings. It is touch-friendly and easy to navigate to support the latest touch-screen devices.
· A smoother install experience through a new Welcome screen.
· Reduced boot time and minimised delays for an improved experience.
· Smarter scanning for shorter scanning time with new AVG Turbo Scan.
· Enhanced and simplified firewall making it easier for users to choose how they want to personalise their settings in order to protect their privacy and identity online.
· In addition to AVG’s multi-layered protection technology, AVG Internet Security 2013 comes with an integrated security firewall, AVG LinkScanner®, AVG Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware and technology to protect against WiFi hacking.
· Complementing the AVG 2013 Internet Security range, AVG PC TuneUp® keeps PCs running smoothly and at peak performance by cleaning the hard drive, fixing issues, preserving battery life on laptops, and eliminating freezing and crashing.
JR Smith, CEO of AVG Technologies, said, “The rapid uptake of new technologies is making the connected online world a more complex place to navigate. Our customers want to focus on enjoying using the Internet with confidence and peace of mind that they are protected, so it’s our responsibility to make security products that are simple and straightforward to use. As a result, we’ve put simplicity, privacy, performance and our leading protection technology at the heart of AVG’s 2013 range of products, because we know those are the things our customers value the most in a security product.”
The improvements in the AVG 2013 products are in addition to new features introduced earlier this year, such as the active Do Not Track feature. AVG was the first antivirus company to offer an active Do Not Track feature within its free and paid range of products which gives users visibility and control over who can see their personal information and identity when they are online, and helping them to protect it.
AVG’s 2013 offerings also complement the recently launched AVG mobile security products to provide users with protection across smartphones as well as PCs. AVG detected over 370,000 threats specifically targeting sophisticated mobile devices between April and June 2012. AVG AntiVirus for Android™ is popular in the Android Market with over 250,000 users giving it a 4 or 5 star review on Google Play.
The increasingly ubiquitous nature of connected devices and new technologies means many people are looking for security products that will give them peace of mind that they are protected online. Grace Duffy, the blogger behind Formerly Gracie and technology writer for various parenting and news sites, comments, “Parents are often surprised by how adept their children become at using connected devices, and so they need to be continually educated about the potential impact of online behaviour throughout their children’s lives. They need to help their children create a healthy foundation for their online activities with proper boundaries, education and guidance, as well as regular monitoring, so that personal information is protected and online behaviour is safe across all platforms from desktops to mobile devices.”
AVG 2013 product range and pricing
· AVG AntiVirus FREE – great protection for surfing the web, emailing and social networking without costing a cent.
· AVG AntiVirus – for that additional peace of mind, AVG AntiVirus offers advanced protection for surfing the web, social networking and downloading. From A$51.50 inc GST
· AVG Internet Security – this is the ultimate package for online protection, securing activities such as shopping and banking. From A$69.99 inc GST
· AVG PC TuneUp ®– works to speed up the PC by cleaning the hard drive, and eliminates freezing and crashing. From A$51.25 inc GST
AVG’s 2013 product range is supported by the company’s dedicated team of technical and client service experts operating from the company’s Melbourne office during business hours. Also included is access to all protection updates and software upgrades for the term of the licence. All existing users of AVG consumer products will be automatically upgraded to the latest version of their product.
The AVG 2013 range is complemented by AVG’s mobile security offerings:
· AVG AntiVirus FREE for Android™ – this is essential protection for mobile devices.
· AVG AntiVirus Pro for Android™ – combats viruses and malware so users can make calls, receive SMS, download music, video and apps, and surf the web confidently, knowing they’re always kept safe.
For more information or to download the products, please visit www.avg.com.au.
Media resources, including logos, screen shots etc., are available online at: http://www.avg.com.au/media/
About AVG (AU/NZ) Pty Ltd — www.avg.com.au
Based in Melbourne, AVG (AU/NZ) Pty Ltd, an Avalanche Technology Group company, distributes AVG Technologies’ software, namely the AVG Internet Security and Mobile Security product range in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
AVG Technologies’ mission is to simplify, optimise and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG’s powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG’s software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 128 million active users as of June 30, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimisation, online backup, mobile security and identity protection.
AVG (AU/NZ) Media Contacts:
Michael McKinnon AVG (AU/NZ) 03 9581 0845 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuna Boyd BoydPR 02 9418 8100 email@example.com
AVG Technologies – Investor Relations
Join the AVG Technologies’ Community for information, video content and pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/officialavg/sets/