Vodafone Hutchison Australia Upgrades to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 To Enhance Business Processes and Financial Reporting
- Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA), Australia’s third largest mobile telecommunications provider with AUD$4.6 billion in annual revenue and a 24 per cent market share, has completed its upgrade to the latest version of Oracle E-Business Suite helps to streamline and enhance finance, HR and Supply Chain business processes.
- The upgrade was also supported by a platform migration to Oracle Solaris on Oracle’s SPARC T4 servers, and the implementation of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) to support the high availability requirements of the business.
- By deploying Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 on Oracle Solaris and Oracle’s SPARC T-Series servers, VHA has been able to utilise the performance and flexibility of the Oracle T-Series platform and have the potential to scale to meet future requirements.
- The upgrade has also helped VHA reduce previous system customisations and assisted the company to ensure that financial reports are closed on time every month.
- VHA engaged Burgess Systems Consulting (BSC), a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), to plan and execute the multifaceted Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade, which was completed as planned to meet year-end Payroll processing and financial reporting requirements, despite some challenging time constraints.
- BSC has since been engaged to undertake ongoing Oracle E-Business Suite support for VHA, as the company moves to expand its Oracle E-Business Suite footprint over the coming 18 months, particularly in the Order Management, Human Resources, and Performance Management modules.
- VHA uses a broad scope of Oracle E-Business Suite modules across Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Projects to help it streamline its business practices.
- “We wanted to upgrade to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1, which also gave us the opportunity to transform our IT systems,” said David Dixon, Finance and Billing Program Manager (BSS&IT), Vodafone Hutchison Australia. “The project was a significant undertaking for us. We included the version upgrade with a complete infrastructure re-platform onto Oracle servers and storage for high availability and scale. The re-platform strategy also required a complex data migration exercise. This added further complexity for the project to manage.”
- “With the implementation complete and systems fully integrated into the VHA IT platform, we are experiencing significant benefits such as reduced customisations, faster and simplified reporting, and more efficient business processes. For example, key tasks such as month-end reporting and monthly payroll processing are showing marked improvements,” Dixon continued.
- “The support from BSC was critical during the Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade. Of key note was the cut over, which was seen as a key measure of success for the project. Due to strict deployment timing constraints enforced by the business and expectations of end-state quality, the cut over was a complex task. The event however went smoothly and as a result the project deemed a success, meeting or exceeding all business expectations,” concluded Dixon.
- “By upgrading to the latest version of the Oracle E-Business Suite, VHA can now take advantage of the new functionality, best practice and the support provided by the latest edition of our ERP product,” said Ian White, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Oracle ANZ. “In addition, by choosing to power its enterprise application with Oracle’s SPARC T4 enterprise servers, which are engineered to work with Oracle's complete software stack, and Oracle Solaris, VHA has chosen a solid platform on which to consolidate, reduce system complexity and improve utilisation rates as well as to increase availability and performance. In combination, it will provide VHA with a scalable solution that can adapt as its business evolves.”
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- SPARC T-Series servers
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Solaris on OTN
- Oracle Solaris Blog
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) operates the Vodafone, 3, and Crazy John’s brands. Formed in June 2009 following a merger between Vodafone Australia and Hutchison 3G Australia, VHA provides mobile services to more than 6.8 million customers in Australia. www.three.com.au & www.vodafone.com.au.
Burgess Systems Consulting is a specialist provider of consulting services focused on Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Database in Australia, New Zealand and across the globe. BSC is an Oracle PartnerNetwork Gold level partner. For more information about BSC, please visit our Web site at: www.burgess-consulting.com.au
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.