ExactTarget Posts 40% Growth in Third Quarter
The increase in revenue marks the 39th consecutive quarter of growth for the company that recorded key accomplishments in the quarter including launching ExactTarget Australia following the acquisition of mPath Global in Sydney and Melbourne, debuting the next generation its software and welcoming new clients and key renewals including Carhartt, Cutter & Buck, Quality Healthcare, Dave & Buster’s, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company and Argos.
“Our global growth and continued momentum accelerated in the third quarter as we powered some of the world’s most sophisticated marketing programs,” said Scott Dorsey, ExactTarget’s chief executive officer and co-founder. “This level of performance fuels our ability to aggressively invest in the business and develop new innovations like the Interactive Marketing Hub to help marketers connect with customers in real time across email, mobile, social media and sites.”
Key highlights of ExactTarget’s third quarter performance include:
- Unveiling the Interactive Marketing HubTM, the next generation of ExactTarget software that enables marketers to plan, initiate and track real-time marketing communications across email, mobile and social platforms including Twitter and Facebook.
- Introducing Pulse TM, a customizable portal to the real-time Web within in the Interactive Marketing Hub that provides an at-a-glance status of email sends, automations, landing page performance and a host of critical customer interactions in real-time across email, mobile, Websites, Twitter and Facebook.
- Introducing Audience Builder, an application that allows marketers to create refined target audiences and customer segments in real time through a drag and drop interface.
- Launching CoTweet 3.0 Enterprise Edition, expanding the social media management platform to include Facebook, richer social media analytics, an iPhone app and new integrations with Salesforce.com and the ExactTarget Interactive Marketing Hub.
- Launching ExactTarget Australia, following the acquisition of long-time reseller mPath Global in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Hosting more than 2,000 interactive marketers in Indianapolis for Connections ’10, ExactTarget’s annual user conference and the world’s largest interactive marketing event. The event featured a keynote address by Sir Richard Branson and a private concert from award-winning band Train.
- Adding more than 100 employees to serve the company’s growing base of customers around the globe.
The news of ExactTarget’s third quarter performance follows Forrester Research naming ExactTarget a “leader” in email marketing and awarding the company a perfect 5 of 5 in the Customer Category of “The Forrester Wave: Email Marketing Service Providers Q4 2009” (December 2009) report. The independent research firm found ExactTarget to be the only email service provider to score a perfect score in the Customers Category, noting “with high satisfaction scores and online community, ExactTarget can successfully meet marketers’ complex business needs.” To download the report, visit www.ExactTarget.com/Wave09.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of on-demand email marketing and interactive marketing solutions. The company’s Interactive Marketing Hub TM technology provides organizations a single solution to connect with customers via email, integrated text messaging, landing pages and social media. Supported by collaborative global services teams, ExactTarget’s technology integrates with more sales and marketing information systems than any other in the industry, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Omniture and Webtrends among many others. ExactTarget powers permission-based multichannel communications for thousands of organizations around the world including Expedia.com, Best Buy, Aurora Fashions, Papa John’s, CareerBuilder.com, Gannett Co., Inc., The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, The Home Depot and Wellpoint, Inc. For more information, visit www.exacttarget.com or call 1-866-EMAILET.