Get a Taste of South America with VictorsFood in 2010
Can you imagine yourself on Ipanema beach with a caipirinha in hand and a samba in your head? Make this dream a reality by booking the VictorsFood Taste of South America tour, departing April 2010.
The good news is that VictorsFood is offering a $500 discount to anyone who books their place on the 2010 South America Food Tour before December 31st. Not only do you receive this generous discount; you will also receive a CD jam-packed with South American samba, salsa and tango rhythms, along with a special VictorsFood compendium of beginners recipes that will give you a head start on what you will learn on the trip.
Hosted by Chef, presenter and educator Victor Pisapia and a group of passionate local guides, the South America 2010 tour begins on Saturday April 3 and runs for 14 days and 15 nights, concluding on Saturday April 17.
The tour starts in Rio de Janeiro and moves up through Salvador, Bahia to Buenos Aires, Argentina and then on to Salta, taking you from the beach to the altiplano via myriad local cuisines and customs. Here’s what you can expect from each stop:
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – ‘Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking ... ‘. You’ve got the picture, right? Stay right on Ipanema Beach and enjoy market tours, cooking classes, city tours and, of course, samba dancing.
- Salvador, Bahia, Brazil – You go behind the scenes to delve into some local specialties—moqueca, acaraje, vatapa and more. Your guide, Joel (jo-EL) Gondim, is a passionate local who takes you through his native city, sharing the wonders of its culinary delights and amazing history of African slaves and Portuguese settlers. Joel introduces you to some great food, markets and local gems, including the old town in Pelourinho.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina – Fly into the ‘Paris of South America’ and enjoy dinner starting at midnight. Eat empaadas, drink good Malbec from Mendoza, cook Argentine specialties, cruise the markets of San Telmo and seek out hidden gems while you indulge in some retail therapy.
- Salta, Argentina – Nestled in the foothills and canyons of the Andes, Salta offers first-rate wineries, superb colonial architecture and miles of stunning landscapes along open roads. Nosh on High-Andean cuisine featuring tamales, humitas, llama, quinoa and more.
- Cafayate, Argentina – Saguaro cacti and llama crossings abound as you hit the wine village of Cafayate. Learn about the wines of Argentina, including the lush, unique Torrontes, eat wine flavoured ice creams, explore ancient Indian sites and partake in a traditional asado.
Cost for the tour is:
Land content: Twin Share - $8,900 (including all SA internal flights, accommodation and most meals)
Single Supplement - + $1,850
For further information about the April 2010 VictorsFood Taste of South America Tour call 02 9698 7684 or visit www.victorsfood.com.au To view the highlights of the 2008 tour, please visit www.youtube.com/VictorsFood
Founded by Chef Victor Pisapia in 2008, VictorsFood is Australia’s ultimate food experience company. Our mission is to help people develop individually and interpersonally through food by learning, having fun and eating well. We achieve this mission by creating memorable, interactive culinary experiences like teambuilding, cooking parties, cooking classes, corporate events, international food travel and market tours. We enhance this by sharing our knowledge through food consulting, training, food coaching, demonstrations and presentations. As part of the principle of eating well, VictorsFood encourages the use of sustainable practices in everyday lives by supporting minimal food miles and local growers.
VictorsFood is one word - no space - no punctuation.