AVG adds ultra-secure online backup to AVG CloudCare™ cloud security platform for SMBs and service providers
Melbourne, 19 November 2013 – AVG Technologies AU today announced the immediate availability of AVG CloudCare™ with Online Backup (OLB). AVG CloudCare OLB provides resellers and other service providers with a simple, cost-effective way to offer their small to medium business customers encrypted, military-grade backup using a pay-as-you-use model available with other AVG CloudCare services.
As AVG’s first business service to focus on data protection rather than frontline security, OLB marks a significant milestone in the company’s history. AVG CloudCare’s easy-to-use cloud-based administration platform has enjoyed a rapid take-up among resellers worldwide since its launch twelve months ago. Growing numbers of resellers and other Channel partners use AVG CloudCare on a daily basis to remotely deploy and manage security and IT services on behalf of their small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers. OLB is fully integrated into the AVG CloudCare services platform with activation as easy as flipping a switch to “ON”.
“Our desire to make the life of the small business partner and their customers as easy as possible drives everything we do in the development of AVG CloudCare,” said Michael Dowling, Channel/Corporate Sales Director, AVG Technologies AU. “We see online backup and data protection as a natural extension for those partners already providing frontline security services to their customers.
“With this in mind we have fully integrated online backup into AVG CloudCare so that small to medium businesses can trust their IT providers to manage their data protection needs through the same single pane of glass,” he added.
Data is encrypted while on the user’s computer, in transit and in storage, providing peace of mind for customers that valuable data will not be compromised at any stage of the backup or restore process. Data centres located in UK and North America are ISO9001 and ISO 27001 certified. An added benefit of AVG CloudCare OLB is that files are automatically scanned for malware by AVG® AntiVirus, before compression and storage.
“We have found the AVG Online Backup easy to setup and use for our clients,” said Louise Roberts, office manager with Aztec Computers, a UK reseller. “We have one client already using the service successfully and will be also using it to back up our own server. Now that we have tested it we will shortly be offering AVG CloudCare OLB to the rest of our clients.”
Key features of AVG CloudCare OLB include:
· Ultra-secure encrypted protection for customers’ data against hardware failure, loss and theft
· Flexibility to back up devices to the cloud or locally, according to customer requirements
· Automated backup scheduled to take place according to customers’ requirements
· Capacity to restore customer data from a single file to a whole directory, quickly and easily
· Integrated ShadowProtect® Bare Metal Backup option capable of creating images of large files such as databases and email servers to protect against data corruption, outages or hardware failures
· Integrated alerts and reports enable pro-active customer estate management
· 30 day trial option for customers
· Pay-as-you-use billing charged in 25Gb ‘units’ per customer
· No differentiation between types of data backed up in contrast to competing solutions that charge a premium for backing up Microsoft Exchange or SQL servers
· No per-device license fees
· Consolidation of all information that can be viewed via a single pane of glass to greatly simplify management of multiple customer accounts
· Ability to run reports, view invoices, get license summary for all customers for paid and trial, deploy or delete services and much more
AVG’s small to medium business security portfolio comprises a worldwide network of more than 10,000 partners. Its pedigree in this area makes it ideally positioned to help IT and managed services providers (MSPs) harness low cost, cloud-based tools so they can transition into a fully-fledged managed services business. In Australia and New Zealand in June 2013, AVG introduced AVG CloudCare™, a cloud- based administration platform offering resellers a new way to implement and manage services such as antivirus, content filtering and email security for their SMB customers. In September this year it added AVG Managed Workplace®, an open eco-system Remote Management & Monitoring (RMM) tool. AVG‘s vision is to make the lives of MSPs and their small and medium business customers as easy as possible, regardless of whether staff are in the office, at home or on the road.
About AVG — www.avg.com.au
AVG Technologies’ mission is to simplify, optimise and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG’s powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG’s software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 172 million active users as of 30 September 2013 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimisation, online backup, mobile security and identity protection.
AVG Media Contacts:
Michael Dowling AVG 03 9581 0814 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuna Boyd BoydPR 02 9418 8100 email@example.com
Keep in touch with AVG
· For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at twitter.com/avgaunz
· Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/avgaunz
· For security trends, analysis, follow the AVG blog at resources.avg.com.au
Media resources, including logos, box shots, screen shots etc., are available online at: http://www.avg.com.au/media/
Join the AVG Technologies’ Community for information, video content and pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/officialavg/sets/