2TM and 929 in Tamworth have an exciting opportunity for an experienced radio journalist.
You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of news bulletins to a targeted audience on both our AM and FM stations, plus online articles and social media.
This position is ideal for a journalist looking to develop their career and willing to embrace life in the Country Music Capital of Australia.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, an excellent grasp of news and sport, with a good understanding of the day-to-day operations of a radio newsroom.
The position also requires the successful candidate to upload news stories to our social media platforms, on a daily basis and produce a weekly news podcast.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A positive attitude and be a team player
• Appropriate journalistic experience, skills and knowledge
• A confident and diverse reading style.
• A community focus, ensuring news content is developed in a way which builds local engagement
• Working with the Content Director when required to develop news strategies to engage our target audience for both stations
• A passion for regional news, with a willingness to own and grow the position
• A sound understanding of media law and ethics
• A current drivers licence
• The ability to work with minimal supervision, which is key in this role.
If being part of a great team and a station that prides itself on quality news, send your application and demo to our General Manager, Nikki Kenwrick. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when we find a suitable applicant, so don’t delay.
Public Relations Consultant (Senior or Junior)
Applications close: 02/02/2022 02:02 PM
About the job
- A real career opportunity with a great team
- True work/life balance and flexibility
- Great North Sydney location and flexible working arrangements
- Highly Competitive salary
We are a boutique public relations and communications consultancy that is well-respected by industry and media alike due to the quality of our work and client service.
We are looking for an experienced PR professional or experienced media professional who believes in communications and its ability to make a difference. Our company is growing as we invest in new platforms, industries and technologies, and were looking someone to come in as a consultant to hit the ground running and grow with us.
Were looking for the right fit: whether you're an assistant consultant (account executive), consultant (account manager) senior consultant (senior account manager/account director) or had experience in the media, if youre looking to start a career or take the next step in one, wed like to have a chat.
Clients include well-known multi-national and local technology companies, consumer brands, sustainability-focused companies, cybersecurity leaders and more.
We work with mainstream and trade media, manage social media platforms for spokespeople and companies, handle industry analyst relations, create digital content and develop and advise on partner, customer and internal communications.
Applicants should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience with and understanding of the A/NZ media landscape
- Interest in and knowledge of digital media
- Experience working directly with and managing clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Four to seven years experience in the media industry at a senior level; two to four years at consultant level; or 1-2 years at assistant consultant level.
Roles and responsibilities may include (pending the role you fit):
- Management of multiple client comms programs and campaigns
Working directly with media, analysts, influencers and other key stakeholders
- Providing strategic client program management
- Working with the Watterson senior team in new business development and generation
- Managing accounts from the ground up and executing strategic programs
We believe in a true work/life balance and flexibility, in helping people to further develop their careers and in a work style that brings success to us and our clients.
We are a small and tight-knit team. We want someone we can enjoy working with and can rely on.
Were in a great location in North Sydney with easy access to trains and buses but we offer flexible working arrangements and the necessary tools to work remotely.
We offer highly competitive salaries.