Thycotic Releases Privileged Access Management Capabilities for the New Reality of Cloud and Remote Work
Announcement posted by emt Distribution 12 Aug 2020
ADELAIDE, Australia, August 12, 2020 — Thycotic, a provider of privileged access management (PAM) solutions for more than 10,000 organisations worldwide, including 25 percent of the Fortune 100, today announced the latest release of its award-winning PAM solution, Secret Server. New capabilities enable organisations to simplify security of modern IT environments that include multiple cloud instances, remote and third-party workers, and mobile users. A streamlined user experience makes oversight of privileged accounts and activities easier and more consistent.
“It’s challenging for IT admins and security teams to manage an increasingly diverse IT environment in a consistent way,” says Jai Dargan, Thycotic Vice President of Product Management. “Every part of this release is designed to help customers simplify management so their work is scalable, repeatable, and saves time.”
Increased cloud visibility and control over multiple platforms
Over 75 percent of organisations use multiple cloud platforms. In addition to Secret Server’s existing discovery capabilities for AWS, the latest version allows IT teams to manage Google Cloud and Azure with consistent PAM policies and practices.
- Google Cloud discovery: Secret Server users can now connect to Google Cloud infrastructure, detect running Windows and Linux machine instances, and discover and manage cloud identity access management (IAM) service accounts.
- Azure/AD directory integration: Secret Server synchronises its users and groups with users and groups in Azure AD, so IT admins can now seamlessly manage groups from a single interface.
Faster implementation and improved security for remote and distributed teams
Managing a large-scale remote workforce is now an expected part of IT operations. The latest release provides flexible options for IT teams to meet both the productivity and security requirements of remote work.
- Session Connector: Distributed environments with remote and third-party workers make deploying and managing agents used for session recording challenging for IT teams. A clientless, agentless option for session recording makes this easier than ever.
- Automated security checks: IT admins struggle to identify and react to user behaviour that increases the risk of exploiting privileged accounts. This release extends task orchestration to include event types that automate repetitive, time-consuming tasks to relieve alert fatigue, and maintain productivity.
- Out-of-the-box DevOps integration and sync: Secret Server can now create secrets in Thycotic’s DevOps Secrets Vault solution and periodically push updates to those secrets.
Organisations can test drive the latest version of Thycotic Secret Server for free at https://thycotic.com/products/secret-server/.
Thycotic is the leading provider of cloud-ready privilege management solutions. Thycotic's security tools empower over 10,000 organisations, from small businesses to the Fortune 100, to limit privileged account risk, implement least privilege policies, control applications, and demonstrate compliance. Thycotic makes enterprise-level privilege management accessible for everyone by eliminating dependency on overly complex security tools and prioritising productivity, flexibility and control. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Thycotic operates worldwide with offices in the UK and Australia. For more information, please visit www.thycotic.com.